Ideas needed For Basement Flooring

Users who are viewing this thread

chauncy

Reaction score
My unfinished basement has a brick-on-sand floor, and every so often the water table here rises high enough to make the bricks moist on the surface. I want to put some kind of flooring down in areas where i work, so that cleaning up will be easier. The flooring will have to be something moisture proof and easy to sweep. I've seen some of the new vinyls for garage floors and exercise rooms, but the textured surface makes me wonder if cleanup is a problem. Anyone got an idea? Thanks.

Hube

Reaction score
Your best approach is to correct the water table problem first.
Do you have a sump pump in this floor, I would think not, unless its not working properly.
Installing ANY type of flooring would be foolish without correcting this water problem first.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks