Cleaned salt barrel, got it all cleaned out and now....

Users who are viewing this thread

BSA_Bob

DIY Member
Reaction score
It worked good for two days. The water was cleared up and now its back to rusty/not quite as bad as before/ water again! Its an Elan hostess.quite old but it worked good before and after . some little thing needs looking after. Can you give me some ideas to check.There s also bent paper clip laying on top of the head,It s corroded,and what did the repair guy use this for?? Any ideas on this are greatly appreciated. I maually started the gear backwash------- and did this 4 times,pump seems a little weak and not quite enough water.The faucets run out of pressure now. it shuts off and on at 30 and 50

Last edited:

Akpsdvan

In the Trades
Reaction score
Sounds like that they where using a paper clip to clean the injector..
A new seal on top and bottom for the injector block and new injector set, throat and nozzle. Also get a new screen.

As for the water flow and pressure, could be pressure tank or that the well pump is of an age that it is no longer on its pump curve, or that the screen on the pump is loaded and water can not get within the pump to be pumped to the home.

BSA_Bob

DIY Member
Reaction score
Injector block!! now is this immediately behind the dials ,mounting plate?And i think this maybe maybe the culprit. this is no big deal right?. I am an avid hot rod builder and plumber. ['mechanically inclined]

Off hand do you know if these injector blocks are expensive>Iwas going to replace this salt brine shut-off til i heard it was around a hundred bucks...................Course i checked that out good already,

Akpsdvan

In the Trades
Reaction score
More times than not the block is not the problem, but rather the injector parts and screen along with the seals top and bottom...

The 1650 brine system , less the end by fleck number is 60011 and is in the 50.00 range for the most part.

Find the fleck 2510 book, as it is very close to the system that you have.
Main piston and seals are different, but the rest of the parts from what I can put together are the same.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks