(206) 949-5683, Top Rated Plumber, Seattle

Thread: Cleaned salt barrel, got it all cleaned out and now....

Hybrid View

Question Cleaned salt barrel, got it all cleaned out and now....

It worked good for two days. The water was cleared up and now its back to rusty/not quite as bad as before/ water again! Its an Elan hostess.quite old but it worked good before and after . some little thing needs looking after. Can you give me some ideas to check.There s also bent paper clip laying on top of the head,It s corroded,and what did the repair guy use this for?? Any ideas on this are greatly appreciated. I maually started the gear backwash------- and did this 4 times,pump seems a little weak and not quite enough water.The faucets run out of pressure now. it shuts off and on at 30 and 50
    Last edited by bsa_bob; 03-22-2011 at 08:01 AM.

Sounds like that they where using a paper clip to clean the injector..
    A new seal on top and bottom for the injector block and new injector set, throat and nozzle. Also get a new screen.

As for the water flow and pressure, could be pressure tank or that the well pump is of an age that it is no longer on its pump curve, or that the screen on the pump is loaded and water can not get within the pump to be pumped to the home.

Injector block!! now is this immediately behind the dials ,mounting plate?And i think this maybe maybe the culprit. this is no big deal right?. I am an avid hot rod builder and plumber. ['mechanically inclined]

Off hand do you know if these injector blocks are expensive>Iwas going to replace this salt brine shut-off til i heard it was around a hundred bucks...................Course i checked that out good already,

More times than not the block is not the problem, but rather the injector parts and screen along with the seals top and bottom...

The 1650 brine system , less the end by fleck number is 60011 and is in the 50.00 range for the most part.

Find the fleck 2510 book, as it is very close to the system that you have.
    Main piston and seals are different, but the rest of the parts from what I can put together are the same.