Replace Sloan Flushmate in Crane Bowl with Gravity Fed Parts?

Users who are viewing this thread

Tranman

Reaction score
I recently bought a home with a Sloan Flushmate pressure assisted system in a Crane toilet bowl. It requires multiple flushes so I bought Fluidmaster gravity fed fill and flush parts.

I installed the Fluidmaster parts but I can't seem to get a good enough flow out of the jets to get the toilet to flush. I tried thought it might be calcium buildup so I cleaned the jets both bottom and rim with vinegar and cleared them with the end of a coat hanger but no luck.

Is the Crane toilet bowl designed only for the pressure assisted Flushmate?

Any help would be very helpful! Thx!

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Pressure assist bowls are specifically designed to flush with the Flushmate pressure assist.
The trapway design is different.
If you intend to keep the bowl, you will need a replacement Flushmate.

Last edited:

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Why did the Flushmate require multiple flushes?
They have a 1-800 number on the tank that lets you talk to a tech support person to troubleshoot the problem.

flushmate4_cutaway2.jpg

Last edited:

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
If a pressure assisted toilet loses its "air bubble" in the tank, it will NOT flush properly, and can require two flushes or one while holding the handle down.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks