Elan / brine barrel float switch??????????????

Users who are viewing this thread

BSA_Bob

DIY Member
Reaction score
Elan / brine tank,float stop,check valve.u????

This is the little "check valve"That keeps the tank from overflowing

Last edited:

Akpsdvan

In the Trades
Reaction score
Some one might know, but I am at a loss as to what you are talking about.
A switch for a brine tank?
I know of float assemblies that are like the back of the toilet , but some thing like a micro switch for a brine tank is some thing that I am not sure of.

BSA_Bob

DIY Member
Reaction score
Its not a switch.its just a float stop lever. piece o wire looped that the float rod runs up and down, and shutting off the 3/8 line that runs to the top cut-off valves sorry about that.I worked to hard on it today,must be getting a little . flakey. ha ha

Akpsdvan

In the Trades
Reaction score
Ok, now I am on the same page.

There are two different types, there is a float assembly that has a foam float that rides on a rode that goes from top to bottom and then there is the assembly that has an arm that has the float ball float up a little and close off much like the back of the toilet.

There might be a dealer in your area that is open on a Saturday that might have one of the two types and could be used to replace the float assembly that has gone bad in yours... out side of that it is order and wait a few days or order and pay for next day delivery.

Akpsdvan

In the Trades
Reaction score
What is the control or valve that is feeding the brine tank?

Fleck 2510?
Fleck 5600?

Akpsdvan

In the Trades
Reaction score
Any chance of a photo of the control?

I know that like on the fleck units I like to use the brine piston and timer to say when to stop water to the brine tank and not the float assembly... the float assembly is then the back up to shutting off water to the brine tank.

BSA_Bob

DIY Member
Reaction score
Thanks all i now have it working abit,......... the rusty water keeps coming back. All parts were cleaned or new, and backwashed [i think thats the term]So now am fighting with the water color.And it was a fleck 2300

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks