Korky Quietfill Max Performance Valve #528MPK

Users who are viewing this thread

ufokillerz

Reaction score
Do any of the homeowners or pro's on this board have any experience with this fill valve? Even korky's website does not have anything listed for this model.

It looks like it has a control for water bowl fill, not sure if it provides anything else.

Korky QuietFill Max Performance Fill Valve
  • Ideal for toilets manufactured since 1994
  • Easily adjusts to deliver the right amount of water to your toilet bowl
  • Five year warranty
  • Made in the USA
korky-quietfill-p.jpg

Attachments

• korky_528mpk.jpg
    korky_528mpk.jpg
    15.4 KB · Views: 3,229
Last edited by a moderator:

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
It looks like a good idea, but most people won't adjust it to get the proper fill levels. That's why most manufacturers have custom versions of the same company's valves. If you adjust it, it should be a maybe cheaper alternative to the custom valve, but not if you value your time or are paying someone to do it right for you. To maximize water efficiency, you need both the bowl and the tank to fill to the proper level at the same time. If the bowl doesn't get enough water, the next flush will be weak. If the bowl gets too much water, any excess goes down the drain, and wastes water (having nothing to do with the next flush since it is already gone).

ufokillerz

Reaction score
i was just wondering if anyone has experience with this, i ask because they call this max performance, but i am unsure what that really means.

Jadnashua

Reaction score
As I mentioned in my previoius post, the quality of the flush can be affected if the bowl isn't at the design level. Being able to adjust the balance between the tank and the bowl allows both to fill at the same time and maximimzes the toilet's ability to flush...it won't make it better, but it shouldn't degrade it like some can, IF it is adjusted properly, it should be as efficient as the original factory valve.

Schipperke

Reaction score
I like how they had to replace a fluidmaster. I do note as mentioned, too much water is directed in fill tube, and a lot just goes down the drain from the bowl. I guess I can just position the black fill tube to the side a bit?

Jadnashua

Reaction score
If I understand what the adjustment does, that is the purpose of having it...you can turn down the flow to the bowl so it gets filled when the tank is full.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
The standard 528 has no adjustment for bowl fill. It tends to under fill the Toto bowls.
The 528T forces more water into the bowl, and is the right choice for Toto.
Neither the 528 or 528T can be adjusted. They are factory set.

The Korky MPK comes with the adjustable fill.
It also works with the TOTO bowls and can be found at Lowes Hardware.

korky_max.jpg

Last edited:

SamC

Reaction score
Korky has a video for the installation of the MPK valve, including setting the bowl fill, at their web site. If the MPK @ $10.48 can be set up for the bowl fill of a Toto, both 1.6 and 1.28 gallons, it looks like it would be a better deal than the 528T @ $37.99. I checked with Korky, and they confirm that the 528MPK takes the standard R528 replacement cap.

Last edited:

Schipperke

Reaction score
Video

Thanks all, yes I see this one has a water adjustment, cool
[video=youtube;Gw7HvHtaA84]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gw7HvHtaA84[/video]

Last edited:

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Korky MaxPERFORMANCE QuietFILL adjustable toilet fill valve

Now Korky has a fill valve that is adjustable. You can tweak it for both tank and bowl fill.
Some fill valves will waste two gallons that wind up going down the drain on a tank refill.
Now you can install something that will shut off just as the bowl is filled.

korky_max.jpg

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks