Users who are viewing this thread

SacCity

In the Trades
Reaction score
Website
saccityplumbing.com
Ridgid K-30 Auto-Clean Sink Machine

I am working on setting up my truck and getting the tools together,
To save money I was thinking of getting this small sink machine, is it worth the effort or should I wait a few weeks until I can afford a better more robust machine.

Comments welcome, Michael

Attachments

• Ridgid K-30 Auto-Clean Sink Machine.jpg
    Ridgid K-30 Auto-Clean Sink Machine.jpg
    7.5 KB · Views: 1,961

ResPlumber

Plumber
Reaction score
Ridgid K-30 Auto-Clean Sink Machine

To save money I was thinking of getting this small sink machine, is it worth the effort or should I wait a few weeks until I can afford a better more robust machine.

I love mine it works good and it has more than paid for itself. Only draw bac is I wish it was fifty feet because I ran into problems snaking mobile homes by it not being long enough.

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
I'd keep saving until you can afford a machine like the K-3800...
Much more versatile.
I have 2 machines on my truck that cover pretty much everything I need to do.

SacCity

In the Trades
Reaction score
Website
saccityplumbing.com
I'm working for a company at the moment and have their machine on my truck.
But I'm not happy and want to get my own toys so that I can move on and gain control.
With their equipment I have 3 sizes of cables, 150 feet of 3/4", 75 feet of 3/8" and 25 feet of 1/4"

I have a small machine already with 75 feet of 3/8" cable, and was looking at getting the above for use on bathtubs.
At the moment I end up snaking a bathtub about every two weeks.

Michael

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
I use the K-38 for small drains, although mine is the cordless version that they no longer make. For the regular drain cleaning I have a large machine with big and little drums for the 3/4" and 1/2" cables. They have served me perfectly for the past 40 years. To me the K-30 is too bulky for the amount of use it would get.

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
I should have elaborated more on the machines I use...

For almost all the above ground drains I use a K-3800 and have 3 drums for it which interchange in seconds.
  • One drum has 1/4" X 75' and is used on tubs it gets shorter as time goes on.
  • Another has 3/8" X 60' and is used on all 1 1/2 and 2" lines.
  • Another has 1/2' X 60' which I use on 2" and larger as long as they are in the building and not underground where root can be a problem. If a 2" line goes underground then you have to chance meeting roots with the 1/2" cable.

My other machine is a K-7500 and I have 2 drums loaded with 100' of 11/16" cable.

There is no way I want to have 4 machines taking up space in my truck when My 2 machines can do it all.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
Other than the cordless handheld, I only have ONE machine with two drums. 1/2"x50' for 2" and smaller, and 3/4"x75 for 3" and larger. I also have a second 3/4x75 for longer runs.

MACPLUMB

In the Trades
Reaction score
Rigid K-30 Auto-Clean Sink Machine

GO TO http://trojanworldwide.com/DC Colt.html FOR THE WORLDS BEST SMALL DRAIN CLEANING MACHINES

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks