Light Green PVC use

Users who are viewing this thread

bbaumer

Reaction score
Hi all. Been a visitor here for a few years but never posted until now.

Where I work we have a building with a fire and domestic service. The fire pump failed the test on low flow last time and we are trying to figure out if maybe the line wasn't replaced and upsized from a 4" to a 6" like it was supposed to have been when they installed the new service so we dug it up today and found the service was pipe with light green PVC. This feeds both fire and domestic water. I always thought this type of pipe was for drains only and low pressure non-potable water. The pipe is 6", at least at this point it is. We are gonna dig up another spot a few hundred feet away to check there too.

Is this correct or no?

See pic. Thanks.

Attachments

• stadium.jpg
    stadium.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 238
Last edited:

Viking

Reaction score
Look like the same service pipe my local water utility uses when replacing mains.

Shacko

Master Plumber-Gas Fitter
Reaction score
Without seeing the specs on the pipe it looks like high pressure pvc which is good for 4-8oo psi.

bbaumer

Reaction score
I guess we are safe then. Thanks to all for the replies. Relieves some worry.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks