aluminumm gutter upgrade to use hangers

Users who are viewing this thread

Beagle RC Air

Reaction score
Our house is about 15 years old and the gutters have the aluminum spike type mounting. I am thinking of taking the gutters off and puttings spacers under the roofing lower edge flashing to keep the water off of the fascia and do a fascia repaint. I would like to use the newer mounting straps on the old gutter. I will have to patch the holes from the spikes and I think that can be done. Do they make mounting strap/brackets for the older style gutters?

Cacher_Chick

Test, Don't Guess!
Reaction score
Pretty much all aluminum gutters are the "K" style if they are not half round; you just need to know what size they are.

One thing you need to be sure of is that the existing fascia is solidly mounted and in good condition. In severe weather, the gutters need to support snow and ice buildup, and I have seen many houses have their fascia and gutters torn down by ice.

Last year I replaced all of my fascia boards and covered it with aluminum fascia covers before installing all new seamless aluminum gutters and gutter apron drip edge on the roof. The money I got from recycling all the old aluminum paid for about 1/4 of the cost of the new materials.

I got all the gutter materials from http://www.guttersupply.com/ and was very happy with their service.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks