Curious about Options?

Users who are viewing this thread

apiratelooksat40

Reaction score
Hello all,

Firstly, let me say I'm so happy to have found this forum. I've been reading and searching for the past couple of days and am thrilled to have come across a resource like this.

I'm looking for some water options for a piece of land my brother and I have in Northern NH where we plan to build camps. The property has a producing spring in gravely, shaley ground. Our first thought was to dredge out where the spring is reaching the surface (something the previous property owners began), install a cistern to collect the water and keep out surface contamination, and using a ram-pump, pump the water to the cabin sites. However, the more I'm reading about the installation of a driven/stand point well, the more I'm thinking this could be an option. The camp sites are located several hundred feet (and a rise of about 30') from the spring itself. The flow rate is better than 10gpm in the Spring and early Summer, but drops off to 2-4gpm in the dry season (keeping in-mind that this is basically undeveloped.). My thoughts are that with the knowledge there's a working spring there, and the hopes that the Ground up by the building sites is the same as the spring site, a stand point with a pitcher pump would be the way to go.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Tom Sawyer

In the Trades
Reaction score
You have to find out if you can mess with the spring first. Some towns yes and some no. A point would probably be a better choice.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks