(206) 949-5683, Top Rated Plumber, Seattle

Thread: pressure booster setups for low water pressure.

Default pressure booster setups for low water pressure.

I have a Bosch Comfort II tankless heater that I am pleased with but I live in Baja and we have low water pressure. Looking for any advice on an inexpensive setup to boost pressure. I have read about an rv pump installed but can't find the article now.
    thanks for any help...

Retired Defense Industry Engineer jadnashua's Avatar

IF you have sufficient volume, then boosting the pressure works. If there isn't enough volume coming in, then you'll burn the pump up quickly. This Olde House has a session on installing one, which may work as a good reference if you check their website and watch it. Basically, it has a check valve, a small bladder tank that holds some water under pressure so the pump doesn't need to run with each water use, and obviously the pump. Basically, it's like a mini well pump system.
    Jim DeBruycker
    Important note - I'm not a pro
    Retired Defense Industry Engineer; Schluter 2.5-day Workshop Completed 2013, 2014

DIYer, not in the trades LLigetfa's Avatar

I'm not familiar with the Bosch Comfort II but many tankless units will flow restrict when they reach design capacity. Boosting the pressure could just cause it to flow restrict more.

Retired Defense Industry Engineer jadnashua's Avatar

The Baja might be using gravity fed, and a booster pump would help. As I said, though, don't let the tank run dry or the pump is toast (or, you could use a float switch, if there's one involved to shut it off).
    Jim DeBruycker
    Important note - I'm not a pro
    Retired Defense Industry Engineer; Schluter 2.5-day Workshop Completed 2013, 2014