Pipe length

Users who are viewing this thread

Viking

Reaction score
I have a question (just out of curiosity) mostly for the plumbers, but anyone else can chime in if the want. Did (does) galvanized pipe come in lengths longer than 10 feet? I have some runs in my basement that have to be 15 feet or longer. The house was built in 1950 and the original piping is steel.

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
20' lengths are common. Depending on the size, you also find 21' and 24' lenghts. Don't expect to find these at blue or orange.

Viking

Reaction score
I'm not looking to buy, I was just curious. I'm so used to the standard measurements (16 on center, 4X8 sheet goods, and 10 foot plumbing) that I thought I'd ask. Thanks.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
ALL steel pipe comes in 21' lengths. Some specialty items are 42' long, but that is not the normal size. 10' lengths are a DIY item, NOT the size professionals use. I have never seen NOR heard of any 20' OR 24' steel pipe lengths.

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
Well, what is commonly available is one thing, but of course I ran this by google and checked some large pipe suppliers, and I found those available

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks