Sludge Pump Problems?

Users who are viewing this thread

CherBear

Reaction score
When my sludge pumps comes on, it pushes the water straight upstairs into my bathtub. Could it be that the pump is too powerful for the house's system? Or, could it be a blockage in the pipes? Haven't had this problem prior to the old sludge pump having to be replaced. A couple of months after being replaced, started draining the water into the tub on the ground level of the house.

Cacher_Chick

Test, Don't Guess!
Reaction score
To say with any confidence, we would need to know how the pump discharge is plumbed into the main line and how the effected fixtures are plumbed into the overall system. Without knowing that, it would only be speculation that you have a partial clog downstream of where the pump discharge connects to the main line.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks