Show and Tell

Users who are viewing this thread

Cookie

Reaction score
I have been out of the classroom for a number of years and have wondered if teachers still are doing, " show & tell." Well, yesterday, I found that they still are!

I have a part time job at a shop where we sell medical supplies etc, and a little girl comes in with her mom and while she is busy shopping or trying on things, I entertain, little Sara. I sit her on the counter and we play with the 300.00 stethoscopes. I let her listen to her heart, my heart, and when her mom is about, her heart. She loves it, but I didn't know just how much until, yesterday.

Little Sara comes in with a big smile on her face and says, " Cookie, I have something to ask you." I said, " anything." Next I was hearing, " Cookie, will you come be my show & tell?"

LOL.

Usually, show & tell, is a hamster, or a cat, or a favorite toy, but a real person? Me?

She went saying that she wants her entire Kindergarten class of friends to hear their heart "thumping," and to meet, Cookie.

I didn't realize this. But, her mom said that she always asks her when we are going to visit Cookie.

Little Sara owns 2 princess dresses which she loves, and she makes her own beaded jewerly. Yesterday, she only had on one earring because she lost her other "ear."

Cookie

Reaction score
Oh, I had a wonderful time at Show & Tell! It was so much fun. I went around the room asking, what their parents did for a living. It kind of reminded me of the movie, Kindergarten Cop. What got me laughing one was little girl, who said, " my mommy said, my dad is real cranky & rude, he is a plumber."

HA HA HA HA HA...

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks