On center water supply

Users who are viewing this thread

M Q

Reaction score
I am looking for toilet recommendations to replace an existing toilet, but the challenge is the rough-in dimensions. Of course, I want a toilet that flushes well, such as a Toto Drake, Vespin, or similar.

The flange centerline is 11.75" from the finished wall, and 10.75" from the 4" high, one inch thick marble baseboard.

So far, no problem. A Toto Unifit toilet with a 10" RI adapter would be great.

However, the water supply is on center! i.e. straight behind the toilet.

What do I do?

Master Plumber Mark

Sensitivity trainer and plumber of mens souls
Reaction score
indianapolis indiana - land of the free, home of
Website
www.weilhammerplumbing.com
shorten the nipple

If I understand you correctly the water line comes up
directly behind the toilet???

just shorten the nipple comming out of the wall

then install a new stop or put an elbow on it

whichever works out the best.....and then get yourself a

16 inch flexible braided stainless steel supply line

and install it... and just forget about it.

sometimes looks under a toilet arent worth the time
or trouble to make look all that pretty.

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
Flexible lines have made connect appliances super easy and, in the case of appliances that might move, safer from breaking connections. Do avoid sharp bends of the line by using an elbow or and ell shaped cut off valve.

M Q

Reaction score
Maybe I should clairfy:
The problem is not routing the line from the shut-off valvle to the toilet. I was always going to use a flexible line for that.

The problem is the space occupied by the shut-off valve is also the space occupied by the toilet trapway. Even the most compact shut-off valves extend 2-3 inches from the wall, and the Toto unifit trapway sits pretty close to the wall.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks