(206) 949-5683, Top Rated Plumber, Seattle
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Water treatment advice

I have been sidetracked with a bunch of other stuff so I haven't progressed any more on this. I have a couple other questions, if you don't mind. I don't have a drain anywhere near my water main/pressure tank. The drain I would probably tie into is about 35' away. Can I just run pex to tie into that?

The other question I have is I have limited space where this is going. It looks like the Kenmore softeners just take up less space in general. I am thinking of getting the AN online and then just getting a softener from Sears. Are the softeners from Sears any good? I have a brother that uses one and he seems pretty happy with it, although he as had it less than 6 months.

kg2k,

Good Morning. The first 3 numbers tell the maker of Sears Appliances.
    Other people may be able to give you a better answer if you know who makes it.

Some of there stuff is good, some not so good. But you can always get parts easy. (Hopefully You will not need parts any time soon)

The number will be 123.4567890 or something similar. The first 3 are manufacture code.

Good Luck, Have a Great Day.

I just figured I would come back and give an update. I installed the neutralizer, which I purchased from cleanwaterstore.com. I went with the Fleck 2510 and 1.5 cf tank. I finally installed it just under 2 weeks ago and couldn't be happier with the results so far. Not only does my water test neutral now, it also drastically reduced the red staining problems I had. Maybe even eliminated the problem but it's too early to tell. I haven't had the water tested from a lab again yet but I really don't think I am going to need the softener. I haven't started drinking it yet either and still need to address that but so far so good with the neutralizer.

Just wanted to say thanks again.

How often is it doing a back wash cycle?

The neutralizer will correct the ph, maybe remove some of the iron but will do nothing in removing the hardness of the water, if any thing it will add a few grains of hardness to the water making it harder than it was before the neutralizer.

Default Iron in your water

We had the same issue with iron in our home. We are on city water but it is from a well (small town). the sinks and toilets always had stains. We purchased magnetic water softeners from *********. The results were absolutely amazing. After a couple of weeks, all the red stains (and other stains) were completely gone. Our water is soft, soft, soft. My wife says removing the magnets is grounds for divorce (her hair is soft again). Also, we flushed the hot water heater a few months ago because it was not heating well, and almost nothing came out. They claimed that the magnetized water would loosen and dissolve the scale buildup in our hot water heater and water lines, so we flushed the hot water heater again a month after installation and got three, five gallon buckets of sludge out of it. Now it works like it should. Even the slow running water in two of our sinks is now running with great pressure again. Not sure what to do for you ph problem, but these magnets have been our lifesaver.
    Last edited by Gary Slusser; 05-23-2011 at 10:10 AM. Reason: Spam