$5 gas

Users who are viewing this thread

Ian Gills

Senior Robin Hood Guy
Reaction score
Look, climate changing is happening and Americans caused it through their love of gas.

I know that. You know that. But you didn't listen to me so you found out late.

It happens. So let bygones be bygones.

Anyway, $5 gas is on the way.

So now is time to move to greener energies.

That way the environment benefits and you suckers won't have to suffer $5 gas again.

My proposal is to tax gas so it stays at least $5 (gas is over $8/gallon in England right now).

That way alternative energies will be given a boost and you'll all drive a little less and in smaller cars.

And we'll knock a chunk in the deficit too.

Win-win-win.

Last edited:

Cookie

Reaction score
It takes me 7 minutes to get to work one way. Granted I am doing 90 miles an hour but it only takes 7 minutes to get there.

If I don't use the brake at all coming home, I can do it in 5 minutes.
I don't require much gas, I coast down the hills.

Ian Gills

Senior Robin Hood Guy
Reaction score
I think the public need to start using public transport.

And licensed electricians and plumbers need to start using diesels.

The days of a gas-powered van or truck are numbered.

Thank goodness.

The planet will breathe again.

Cookie

Reaction score
No disrespect intended Ian, but I wonder how much gas & electricity the palace uses? So far as cars, I think, the companies who make them should design them to be more energy efficient instead of trying to make the largest buck possible in sales. People would buy more energy efficient cars if the price tag reflected what they could afford. Just like healthy food, it is always more expensive than a loaf of white bread, eh. People cannot understand why the poorest people in our country are the fattest. It is because the food they can afford to buy are the most unhealthiest and bulk them up. It is called, survival for some, which is unfortunate. So far as public transportation, add more people to them, then, they add more buses. Those buses polute the air more than any 20 cars could. Plus, I rode those buses and sat behind a man who was wearing a trenchcoat and boots. I didn't know he was naked until, the police took him off, lol. I am not fond of public transportation.

Ballvalve

General Engineering Contractor
Reaction score

Thank goodness.

Been smoking some pasties? Those monstrous diesel hog engines they put in a service truck are a POS. Enough horsepower for a 48,000# excavator. Actually mine has only 162 fine John Deere American HP and it starts first click and blows no smoke. And it would pick up 12 of those loaded service trucks without getting above idle.

Give those service trucks a 4 cylinder Volkwagon diesel and 12 gears, then we can talk. Or a John Deere 4 cylinder from a 550 series dozer. And regenerative braking with a few batteries, like the new garbage trucks are being built with.

But an efficient 4 cylinder diesel in an American plumbers truck would not get his testosterone level up, and poor guy would be branded a wimp by his peacock buds with the fire breathing 300HP of click clacking diesel junque.

Public transport in Kansas, Wyoming and the High Sierras? Good luck. You will need to start issuing gas stamps to even it all out.

ON ROAD US diesel engines for pick-ups are absolute rubbish. Take a look at the ford-International diesel engine forum. laughable. And that Cummins hog that sounds like the rods are coming through the heads.

And by the way, the only INHERENT advantge to a diesel is that the fuel has more BTU's [British!] per kilo than gas.

Last edited:

Ian Gills

Senior Robin Hood Guy
Reaction score
The European diesel engines are coming and you yanks are going to love 'em.

I suggest you start stocking up on some diesel pumps at the gas stations now.

Lots of power.

Great gas mileage.

And fewer, fill-ups at the pump.

The American dream.

Move over softies. Turbo diesels are coming to Town.

As for public transport, we need to pay for extended coverage using tax dollars. Through which, I mean the rich need to contribute more. In England, I can get from somewhere to anywhere through a combination of walking, bus and rail. America is a backwater in contrast. In the US, you often run out of sidewalk if you try to get anywhere on two legs.

American people just don't wanna pay taxes. Which means when the gas does run out, England will work and America will not.

On that day the King will return.

Last edited:

Ian Gills

Senior Robin Hood Guy
Reaction score
By the way, this does all of course mean that you guys, with British support, will be going into Libya.

I'm expecting the US to decide to take out Libyan air support.

Not so much in the name of freedom or to protect civilians, but more to keep the price of oil steady - although that will never be admitted.

Watch this space...

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Not so much in the name of freedom or to protect civilians, but more to keep the price of oil steady - although that will never be admitted.

Considering that we import less than 0.68% of our oil from Libya I would say that if the reason they cite is the oil we are getting lied to...

The way I see it is Big Oil and the Military Industries are lining up for another round of profit taking.

Cookie

Reaction score
Filled the gas tank up this morning at 3.49 a gallon. It cost me 44 bucks. Was in shock, so I had to buy a McDonald's ice cream cone to bring me around.

sjson

Reaction score
hahah dunbar plumbing. We are slowly transitioning to a greener environment, but it will take years for public transportation to be efficient and effective in the states. The infrastructure in some states is a mess. It's like trying to sort out which wires to cut to defuse a bomb. An interesting thing to note though is, self-driving cars are not too far away either. We will be able to fit more cars on the road, improve gas efficiency, lower the number of accidents.

DonL

Jack of all trades Master of one
Reaction score
Was this a Joke ?

Thank goodness.

So you think Diesels Burn Cleaner ?

Or is that A Joke, O I forgot You are a Joker.

The best place for a Diesel engine is in a Locomotive, Oil Drill Rig Generators and off road equipment.

Not in Street Legal Automobiles. Just because they give more bang for the buck.

Sounds like You have been breathing Diesel Fumes to long.

Have a Great Day.

DonL.

Last edited:

Pipehacker

Reaction score
Filled the gas tank up this morning at 3.49 a gallon. It cost me 44 bucks. Was in shock, so I had to buy a McDonald's ice cream cone to bring me around.

My spies in Ontario today tell me that gas is 1.50 canadian per liter which when you figure in the exchange rate to US currency is approximately $6.20 US per gallon.

Jacobsond

DIY Junior Member
Reaction score
Website
www.nielsenelectric.com
Just to make one thing clear there is no oil or gas(natural) shortage.Oil is the most cost effective source of energy (and alot of other stuff) there is.To tax a product out of existence is un-American in my opinion. The subsidies for the "green products" only make them competitive with the oil products. It does not make them better. Anyone that thinks that mass transit is the way to go has never been out of the city or metro area.In ND mass transit is 4 guys in your pickup. Do electric cars keep you warm and running down the road at -20deg F? Do electric cars keep you cool in traffic at 110deg F? Driving across the country can you fill up your vehicle with electricity or are you going to go with gas? $5 gas is political $8 would be very political.If anything cut the evil oil companies subsidies AND open up everything to drilling. We would be back down to $2 gas are economy would takeoff. Green energy is only good if you dont need the energy all the time. There is always oil backup. Someone prove me wrong.

Ian Gills

Senior Robin Hood Guy
Reaction score
But oil is not carbon neutral. And carbon emissions are heating the world up with potentially disasterous consequences.

Include the cost of carbon damage in fuel (a tax) and let the market decide.

At the moment the market for oil is failing because Americans are not paying for the environmental damage their fuel consumption causes.

Your freedom is harming other people (flooding low lying areas, for example).

So let's tax coal, oil and other carbon emissions.

But you won't do that will you.

Because of the Founding Fathers...

I wonder what your grandchildren will some day think of them.

Nuclear energy and electric cars are the only answer if you do not kill us all first.

Last edited:

Jacobsond

DIY Junior Member
Reaction score
Website
www.nielsenelectric.com
Is the nuclear waste safe? I dont think so. I would rather have a natural gas power plant in my back yard than a nuke. Natural gas is plentiful in the US so why go nuke.The electric car proponents always forget how they get their electricity. Coal, gas,oil and hydro with a little nuke in there.Wind is a joke and so is solar.So guess what your not getting away from fossil fuels until a brand new way can be developed. And to tax people into the poorhouse is done by elite ruling class people spitting on the rest of us.If anyone thinks their taxes are to low they are free to give ALL their money to the government so they can leave us hard working (rich and poor) people alone.

Ballvalve

General Engineering Contractor
Reaction score
Eliminate the child tax credits and put birth control into coca cola and pepsi, top ramen, sushi and curry powder, and the world will solve all its carbon issues in a few generations.

We are just lemmings heading for a cliff. Soylent green..........ITS PEOPLE!!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks