$5 gas

Users who are viewing this thread

Ballvalve

General Engineering Contractor
Reaction score
Things that are bad for you or for society should be taxed more highly to discourage consumption.

Cigarettes.

Alcohol.

Soft drinks.

Gas.

Churches.

Country music.

NASCAR

The bottom line is that you can ignore me. But $8/gallon gas will be a reality for America sooner than you think. And that day, for the sake of the climate, cannot come soon enough. The kids of today will think very differently about these issues when they grow up than you/we do.

The future is electric cars and nuclear power. Future generations will look at smoke from a tailpipe with the same disgust as we would of someone pouring used engine oil down a storm drain (your parents would have thought nothing of doing that).

Good on you!
Lets add:

Soccer
Football
Baseball
Boxing
Prostitution
Chocolate
Rap
Music videos
v-8 engines in autos
Cats-cat food
Pit bulls

Now we can have a 4% flat income tax.

Cookie

Reaction score
Ah, not the chocolate. :) I got scared, I thought you were going to say, icecream.

Ian Gills

Senior Robin Hood Guy
Reaction score
The size and scope of the Government in this country is not yet large enough.

SteveW

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
You can't possibly be serious!

The existing Medicare regulations, even before health care reform, are so enormous that no one really understands them all. It is so bad that the federal government has established regional Medicare intermediaries, who get to try to interpret the massive set of regulations for their regions. Thus there aren't uniformly established guidelines across the country - interpretations vary from geographic region to geographic region.

In another example, have you ever spent time at a VA hospital? They deliver fine health care, but you absolutely cannot believe the layers of bureaucracy until you actually witness it firsthand.

And you think MORE government intervention in health care is the answer?

Ian, you are a hoot!

Ian Gills

Senior Robin Hood Guy
Reaction score
Not just in healthcare.

In all walks of your life.

Someone needs to get Americans under control.

Tax soft drinks.

Cookie

Reaction score
You can tax the crap out of soft drinks, I don't drink them.
Ian, you should visit one of your VA hospitals you would be amazed at how much good you personally, could do. Instead of relying on your govn to do everything. Everyone some where in their lives has a skill they can offer. They need so much. One of the things I do, is to teach signing, ASL, to a newly, needing vet & to their families. The second thing I do, is when the Vets are diagnosed with the big C, I am there to show them, I am living proof you can survive, the third thing, I won't tell anyone, lol, because it is too funny. Terry knows and he is sworn to secrecy. :)

SteveW

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
Not just in healthcare.

In all walks of your life.

Someone needs to get Americans under control.

Tax soft drinks.

And there you go!
I've said it before and I'll say it again - "Ian" is clearly just baiting us for the fun of it.

Cookie

Reaction score
Yeah, but at least he has a sense of humor, I'll give him that, at times I laugh cause he can be funny. :) I think, if more people laughed more and saw the humor in things the world would be a much kinder place.

DonL

Jack of all trades Master of one
Reaction score
Hello All,

Yes it is nice for someone to get on their soapbox. Especially now that all the soaps have been canceled on the TV.

Unemployed people have to have something to do, Keep their mind thinking.

What gets me is that almost everyone that I know works for the government, or works for Wal-mart.

That must be 50 percent of all Americans that have work.

And 20 percent of the homeless are Veterans. This picture is WRONG.

Guess it is good that the world ends tomorrow...

Enjoy the day, Take time to play.

Party Hardy, Until the day you die...

That's my plan, and I am sticking to it.

DonL

Ballvalve

Reaction score
Legalizing all recreational drugs, with a hefty tax, along with the soft drink and cat food tax, would cut all government costs by the cost of 10 Iraqi wars.

Think of all those murderers in the the jungles of south america having to go back to farming coffee!

DonL

Reaction score
Why not cat food Cookie ?

I buy it, and I pay sales tax on it also, in Texas.

Here everything is a Fee instead of tax. Same thing...

Ice cream is next... Ice Cream Fee. Or sin tax.

It is a sin if you can afford Ice Cream.

DonL

DonL

Reaction score
Cat Food should not be taxed, Because People do eat it. Caned with Crackers is best.

I hear that it does taste good.

It is taxed because it is a prepared food.

Un-prepared food is not taxed.

Wont mater after today anyway, LOL.

Have a Great Night.

DonL.

Cookie

Reaction score
Did you notice that I didn't say I was joking, lol, I said, " kidding." :)

I don't think I will ever say, joking, again, lol...

Ballvalve

Reaction score
Cat Food should not be taxed, Because People do eat it. Caned with Crackers is best.

I hear that it does taste good.

It is taxed because it is a prepared food.

Un-prepared food is not taxed.

Wont mater after today anyway, LOL.

Have a Great Night.

DonL.

Sardines and canned salmon on sale are cheaper than cat food, and canned at a slightly higher level of freshness.

Cookie

Reaction score
AH, but nothing fresher than going fishing! and, the cost is only a license and gas to get there and back. And, bait. And a rod. Maybe, cheaper to buy a can. :) but, certainly, not as much fun.

DonL

Reaction score
Yes Cookie, that is true, and at least you know that the fish you catch, Don't glow in the dark...

Cookie

Reaction score
Oh, yeah, tuna... contains mercury. But, I never catch much other than a bluegill. BUT, one time I did catch someone's fishing rod, on it was a boot, in the boot was a snake, the snake had a trout. It was great. And, true. And, weird.

I was looking for a wallet. With money. :)

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks