Preference on sealing tank tee to tank elbow?

Users who are viewing this thread

Billfig

Reaction score
I'll be replacing my Tee this week. I had used pipe joint compound(Ace hardware brand in tube) which is leaking? I've since picked up a can of Rector-seal 5 (slow-dry/soft set) and a roll of "blue monster" teflon tape for final repair. tank and elbow are new as well. Other than the tube compound being what appeared to me as just too wet/loose(even after kneading), I figured I better turn to the experienced to improve my luck!:eek:

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Thread sealant is mainly a lubricant for the threads. I've even used a bar of soap in a pinch on tapered threads.
You can use pipe dope, or tape, or both.

Texas Wellman

In the Trades
Reaction score
I have found that rector seal #5 works excellent. Make sure to mix it really well and let it "air" out a little before using.

Billfig

Reaction score
you guys think 2-3 wraps with the blue teflon tape then some rector seal will be good??

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks