Power Rating

Users who are viewing this thread

denverboz

Reaction score
OK at the risk of sounding like a dummass, I gotta ask what power rating means, as in
power rating 120V 60 Hz 1281W, which are the specs for a Toto Neorest toilet.
From what I can gather it doesn't seem to mean it uses 1281W, but I been wrong before. :)

However if I am right is there any way to deduce just how much power it does use just from the power rating?

TIA for any help .

Speedy Petey

Licensed Electrical Contractor
Reaction score
OK at the risk of sounding like a dummass, I gotta ask what power rating means, as in
power rating 120V 60 Hz 1281W, which are the specs for a Toto Neorest toilet.
From what I can gather it doesn't seem to mean it uses 1281W, but I been wrong before. :)
If it says 1281 watts then yes, it certainly does mean it uses, or can use, 1281 watts.
Why would you think differently?

However if I am right is there any way to deduce just how much power it does use just from the power rating?
No way. Not just from the ratings shown. If it uses a certian amount of power that's that. Unless of course there are settings on the unit that can vary the power, but that still does not change the fact that it CAN draw that much at any given time.

May I ask why this is an issue?

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
That is the maximum it could use...in 'standby' mode, it probably uses much less. To heat the water (and maybe the seat) quickly, it needs to draw some serious power. It probably does this 'on-the-fly', rather than keeping a quantity of water hot all the time. As to the seat, not sure...

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks