plastic or stainless steel motor support?

Users who are viewing this thread

LLigetfa

DIYer, not in the trades
Reaction score
More of a concern to me would be a plastic discharge head than a plastic motor mount. No experience with Lancaster per se but have heard of pumps with plastic heads spin right off the pipe from torque.

Panda

Reaction score
I have the metal discharge head. But I have the plastic motor support. I have not taken it out of the box yet. I am wondering if I should leave it untouched and return it and get the steel motor support or whether it even matters.

Panda

Reaction score
I have the stainless steel discharge head. But I have the plastic motor support. Well, our water is acidic so I'll just go ahead and install the pump with the plastic motor support.

WellWaterProducts

In the trades
Reaction score
I can't speak for Lancaster's product but I have not seen that part break on any plastic pumps. In some cases I have seen discharge ends break.

Masterpumpman

In the Trades
Reaction score
Website
www.dci-inc.us
Most pumps today use plastics and steel and properly installed lasts for years. The proper installation is the secret. If under or over tightened the plastic heads can fail that's why it's best done by a certified professional. However it can be done by a DIY if done properly. We never use teflon tape on the outlet of the pump. Permitex #2 is better to prevent the outlet fitting from unscrewing due to torque.

WellWaterProducts

In the trades
Reaction score
Most pumps today use plastics and steel and properly installed lasts for years. The proper installation is the secret. If under or over tightened the plastic heads can fail that's why it's best done by a certified professional. However it can be done by a DIY if done properly. We never use teflon tape on the outlet of the pump. Permitex #2 is better to prevent the outlet fitting from unscrewing due to torque.

Porky, we have not experienced much, if any, of pumps unwinding from their fittings in NH. What are you using for pipe in the well?

LLigetfa- yes Noryl sounds better than "plastic". We have installed and serviced thousands of water treatment control valves made of Noryl and I have seen very few break, even after 20 years of service. It's quite a product.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks