10 7/8" rough? Cadet 3 or Drake cheaper?

Users who are viewing this thread

busmechanic

Reaction score
Like the title says, the rough-in is 10 and 7/8" exactly. Can you use a 12" rough cadet 3 or toto drake at 10 7/8" or is that pushing it? Lowe's has the 10 cadet 3 at $260 and I think you had the drake listed at $240 on your website? Maybe not the 10"... I have a cadet 3 in the other br and don't mind it but being japanese I'd prefer the toto. I just got it because the cadet 3 was $160, but if the 10" drake is cheaper than the 10" cadet 3, I'll go with the drake. I'm in seatac so you've got a potential purchase customer-just not install :p

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
The 12" Eco Drake will work at 10-7/8". If you elect to go with the Cadet 3, don't take it home without taking it from the boxes and inspecting it very carefully. These have a high percentage of defects in casting, so you can save some trips back to the store to exchange. Some folks have gone back 3 or more times before getting a good one.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
I sell the round front Drake for $239.99,

You can also fudge out the bolts a little bit and move the tank away from the wall.

Last edited:

busmechanic

Reaction score
Gary: Will the 12" cadet 3 work? Or do I have to go with the 10".

Terry: how much is your 12" Eco drake elongated ADA?
Until June 2011, $249.99

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks