New Pump a year old still issue with dirt in water

Users who are viewing this thread

watty770

Reaction score
I have a well pump model Gould JR57 Jet Pump with a Flotec 15 gal tank. It works great except that I have to clean the cold water screen on the washer every week or so. I cannot say that our water is dirty though there is a cumulative effect in the shower floor that is very slight each week when we clean the floor (you can tell it was a little reddish). I live near the Outer Banks in NE NC and this is our first well. The new pump and tank are now over a year old. Is there a filter or something that can be done to fix what is a minor irritation? Thanks. Watty

WellWaterProducts

In the trades
Reaction score
It sounds like a combination of iron, hardness and simple sediment. You could start by installing a simple cartridge filter after the pump/tank combo.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks