Use Chlorine (Charcoal) filter in Whole House Sediment Filter Housing ??

Users who are viewing this thread

Kstuart

Reaction score
The previous house owner had installed a water softener and then removed it.

The water softener was replaced by a flexible tube, and everything has 3/4 inch connections.

It would be very easy install a G.E. or equivalent Whole House Sediment Filter Housing where the water softener used to be - but I don't have a sediment problem, instead our water is very chlorinated.

I would like to replace the chlorine filters at faucets and showers with one for the whole house.

But, the whole house housing is clearly marked "sediment" and while the chlorine filters have the same length and the exact same rubber ends, they are indicated only for the under-sink units.

So, I was wondering if I will have some sort of problem by putting one chlorine filter for the whole house - since for some reason, it is not indicated.

Thanks for your experienced advice !

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks