Can new simple water pressure gauge be inaccurate?

Users who are viewing this thread

Billfig

Reaction score
It's a Campbell PG1T (9.00) on my well tank Tee. I believe it reads 10psi over...pos!lol when gauge reads 50psi my reading at new tank is 40psi. Do I need to go and get a $30.00? oil filled gauge for an accurate and trusty gauge? TIA!

LLigetfa

DIYer, not in the trades
Reaction score
Ja, the luck of the draw with probably China junk... Just hope they didn't make it with lead...

It amazes me when I am shopping for thermometers the wide range of readings on the floor models. I try to pick one that reads like a few others. Unfortunately, that doesn't work for pressure gauges.

I have two gauges on my system and they read 2 PSI apart. When setting the bladder precharge, 2 PSI the wrong way can make a difference.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
do you have two tanks, because you say the 50# one is on your well tank, and the 40# one is on your new tank? It would be unusual for a gauge to be off by that amount.

LLigetfa

DIYer, not in the trades
Reaction score
My understanding is he's comparing the air pressure reading at the bladder to the water pressure reading at the tank Tee. As long as the bladder isn't max'ed in either the top or bottom, the air and water pressure should read the same.

Billfig

Reaction score
My understanding is he's comparing the air pressure reading at the bladder to the water pressure reading at the tank Tee. As long as the bladder isn't max'ed in either the top or bottom, the air and water pressure should read the same.

Yes correct and I don't want an exact replacement. If true, then that explains all the bs trying to readjust pressure switch!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks