Kohler Rialto Toilet Seat Removal

Users who are viewing this thread

Sdbinks

Reaction score
I am trying to replace the toilet seat on the Rialto but cannot figure out where the nuts are to remove the screws. No drill or screwdriver will turn the stainless pieces. Bought this in 1999. I have felt inside the tank and there is nothing there, there is nothing on the outside either. Help!

Jeffreyhel

Reaction score
They are in the deep inside, rusted probably and manytimes have to be ground off with a grinder from the top after removing the cover. Every now and then I get a call for a leaking toilet seat...

Sdbinks

Reaction score
thanks for your reply. There are no nuts and bolts like traditional seats, this particular seat uses anchors to hold it. I had to order a kit from Kohler to remove it without causing any damage. I'm not a plumber, that's why I was hoping for some advice from the people here.

thegallery

Reaction score
I know this is an old post, but did the kit come with new anchor bolts? I was able to remove mine by turning and prying them up with a wonder bar at the same time.

They look like a compression anchor of some kind, but they cannot be used again. I'm hoping replacements exist?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks