Advice needed on mounting pressure switch

Users who are viewing this thread

Billfig

Reaction score
Looks like they gave me the wrong Tank cross/Tee:mad: After looking at receipt, they didn't charge me either:confused::p Either I pull it apart and get another Tee(if even available?) or is there a workaround? Oh, I forgot to mention, this is a 10" & this 22" tank must take a 13" Tee.
Of course the Ace near me has none(Campbell RFTX5-4).

Attachments

• side viewnew tank .jpg
    side viewnew tank .jpg
    48 KB · Views: 353
  • top viewnew tank .jpg
    top viewnew tank .jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 358
Last edited:

WellWaterProducts

In the trades
Reaction score
Option 1 (ugly): go get a 1/4" street 45 (brass) and install that in one of the 1/4" taps. The pressure switch nipple winds into that. You can try putting the nipple in first then the 45. Either way the switch will be at an angle.

Option 2: Remove the tank cross and extend it with a nipple and coupling.

ps Yes, the correct crosses are made

Billfig

Reaction score
well, here's my 1/2 a** setup. what might be the ramifications?

Attachments

• IMG_5701 new tank .jpg
    IMG_5701 new tank .jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 297

Cacher_Chick

Test, Don't Guess!
Reaction score
The problem will eventually be sediment-build up in the horizontal line to the pressure switch. I would lose the 90's and just use a 45 and leave the switch at an angle; this way the sediment drops back into the tee.
I used a 24" vertical riser under my pressure switch to prevent the sediment issue.

Billfig

Reaction score
It also looks like you installed a check valve, which is unneeded and could cause future problems.

Really? All the setups I've seen incl.tank tee kits have them..as did my old setup? my 30/50 was at 35/65..best I could do was 34/50...I gotta mess with it, should just have to loosen smaller nut/stud correct? I'm glad to have the new setup, been thinking about it for the past couple years!lol

WellWaterProducts

In the trades
Reaction score
We're in New Hampshire and greater than 90% of the submersible pump tank arrangements have a check valve. This has not been a source of problems for us. Our state's pump installation code requires 2 check valves and the one included on the pump counts as the other one.

Loosening the nut on the shorter stud makes the pressure range narrower (=lower cut-out)

Cacher_Chick

Test, Don't Guess!
Reaction score
Some places are not yet up to speed on the check valve issue.
WI, MI, and probably others have banned the use of above ground check valves on well systems.

Billfig

Reaction score
well I'm gettin there..1st time and all. It seems I have a very slight leak where my tank tee threads into tank elbow. I used a tube of pipe compound that was very oozy. I figure as long as I have to remove it, I might as well get the correct tank tee for better clearances anyways since it'll be out. I was wondering if I should use teflon tape at that fitting?

Does anyone have a preference or does it even matter whether the switch is in the 1st or 2nd position on Tee?

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks