(206) 949-5683, Top Rated Plumber, Seattle
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Experience with INAX toilets?

I was wondering if anyone has had any experience with the INAX Dover or Saint Clair dual flush toilets since this thread was last updated on 3/8/2011? I haven't found independent reviews of either of these toilets on the internet. I was wondering how they compare with the TOTO Drake II CST454CEFG with respect to clogging, clearing skid marks, and clearing liquid? The flushing technology for these INAX and the TOTO look similar, double vortex vs double cyclone, and they all have MaP ratings of 800.

Retired Defense Industry Engineer jadnashua's Avatar

Someone said that those two companies are big rivals in Japan, so it would make sense if one changes something because it works better, the other would as well. This is just speculation...
    Jim DeBruycker
    Important note - I'm not a pro
    Retired Defense Industry Engineer; Schluter 2.5-day Workshop Completed 2013, 2014

Default Experience with INAX toilets?

We do not own an Inax, but we have a lot of experience with them. We travel to Japan at least twice a year. The toilets in both Narita International Airport (NRT) and Haneda International Airport (HND) are all Inax. Not to put too fine a point on it, but incoming international flights to Japan typically are at least 12-14 hours in duration, and one (usually two) meals have been served on-board during the flight; and restroom facilities often are urgently needed after (sometimes before passing through Immigration and Customs. The restrooms there get a lot of business. And they never clog. Many of the upscale international hotel chains -- Mercure, for certain -- have only Inax fixtures in the public restrooms and the guest rooms of their Japanese properties.

To the Japanese consumer, the brand images of Inax and Toto are like the brand images, respectively, of BMW and Mercedes: Toto the staid standard, Inax the aggressive style leader with cutting-edge R&D. Inax has been the first to market (often barely ) of many of the innovations that we in North America view as Toto inventions. At comparable price points to Toto (in Japan, Inax tends to be more expensive than Toto, model for model), I would not hesitate a moment to purchase an Inax.

Thank you for the comments. I spoke with a knowledgeable dealer in my area that had visited an INAX facility in Japan. He has sold several INAX Dover toilets and has heard only positive things from this customers. I had the Dover installed this weekend. I will post some comments in a couple months with my experiences.

We're looking to buy Toto Carlysle II, but would very much want to consider an INAX instead.. Hence, interested in hearing your experience with the INAX install.

Quote Originally Posted by Christian Paulsen View Post
    Terry, Jimbo, Gary, Sly,
    In regards to Toto tank parts, they switched their tank parts from Lavelle/Korky to WDI around 2006. WDI parts are not readily available, although some Toto dealers may stock the tank parts.
    Just came across this statement and thought for purposes of keeping the thread honest, I should point out that it isn't true, and is also a bit misleading.

Toto is using a Vareto fill valve designed by Toto engineers in some of its toilets. It is/was available from Toto and other places as a replacement, pretty easily. However, Toto moved just in the past few months to a universal-design replacement fill valve made by Lavelle/Korky in the US. That valve is available from any plumbing supply that carries Toto stuff. Moreover, in almost all toilets for which that valve is the authorized replacement (which is everything but Neorest and wall-hungs), the Korky 528MP is functionally-identical, and is available at Lowe's for $10.

And of course the Korky flapper will fit any Toto gravity toilet. Also available at Lowe's for less than $10.

So Toto absolutely has easily-found replacement parts, and in any event Toto will ship you any replacement part the same day from its customer service line, and will often provide them free.