Toilet troubles

Users who are viewing this thread

Brave

Reaction score
Hi I hope you can help me with my plumbing problem. I bought a toilet fr vintage tub and bath its a Randolph Morris Two Piece Toilet . It toilet bolts in the back and has a hollow base. I tried using a wax gasket but there is nothing there to hold it in place. The P trap is a 3 in 4 in in total.I called plumbers in the area and i was to many supply shops but no one could help. I'm attaching pictures of the base of the toilet in hopes that you will have the solution Thank You

Attachments

• toilet.jpg
    toilet.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 306
Last edited by a moderator:

Shacko

Master Plumber-Gas Fitter
Reaction score
I went on the Randolph Morris site and I don't see where they sell toilets with their name, their toilets are made by somebody else and they just carry them. You are going to need the exact brand and model of the toilet before we can help with your problem; pictures of the COMPLETE toilet would help also.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Sort of looks like it is designed to bolt to the floor since there are no means to utilize the flange bolts. But, if you get the thing centered well, it should be able to seal. I'd consider using a waxless seal with it. This would fit around the throat and then down into the drain pipe. Problem is, it might slide up on the horn before it fully engages the inside of the pipe to make a seal.

Brave

Reaction score
Randolph Morris makes the toilet for Vintage tub and bath there is no brand or model on the toilet. On the shipping label all thats there is that its a Randolph Morris RM5000 YP-A2 . I have called Vintage and they dont seem to know . i bought a waxless seal today but there dont seem to be enough of a edge for it to sit on. The glue will not touch any where since the top of the waxless seal is larger than the P trap. I also googled for hours trying to find another toilet like this with no luck.Im including a picture a of the toilet. :)

Attachments

• toilet 002.jpg
    toilet 002.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 311

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
One might ask, "Why did you buy this thing?" It doesn't look too bad on the outside, but there's nothing spectacular about it either. It's clearly a weird toilet of unknown origin. I'd take the thing back.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks