Installing a Tankless Water Heater, with Video

Users who are viewing this thread

Reaction score
The A in 240 A designates a circulating system with buffer tank. I didn't see the circulation loop return line installed or tied in at the bottom of the unit, the condensate drain line installed, or the temp and pres. relief valve drain installed. In the attic I would question the rigid plastic water filter and cannister unless in a warm climate. Code requirements here do not allow the condensate drain to tie into the T & P drain line. They also require a pan and pan drain under the tankless water heater.

Reaction score
One other note, by using the 3/4" Vanpex fittings, you are effectively reducing the inside diameter of the water line to 1/2" at each fitting. The unit has 3/4" inlets and the reduced inside diameter fittings will reduce the potential volume of water flow through the unit. We use 3/4" hard copper, type L or use 3/4" Wirsbo/Aquapex fittings and tubing. Good to see a real 3/4" ID gas supply line. A lot of plumbers use a 5/8" ID flex gas supply and it will limit the gas flow and throw the unit into an error code when running high.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks