New House old well

Users who are viewing this thread

dubay

Reaction score
House is in northern maine, on an Artisian well, Am using a jet style goulds pump, pump is loosing it prime, and when the pump is running, I get only about 27 PSI, pump was in the basement of old house. basement was filled in and concrete slab poured for new house, lines were spliced and buried. I think I already know the answer to this question but am just making sure im right. either im leaking air somewhere in the line or the jet is clogged.

B Dubay

Pumpman

Pump Sales
Reaction score
Or, the footvalve is bad. I'm assuming, since you said this was an artesian well, that it is under pressure, so it shouldn't be a water level problem.
Ron

Rshackleford

Reaction score
Website
www.agriindustries.com
Artesian well or flowing well?

Could the new elevation of the pump mean that it is no longer getting pressure from the aquifer or is this a flowing well that water has shutin pressure at surface? Perhaps if this is an artesian and the static level was below natual grade there was never a footvalve installed becuase it always had formation pressure.

Speedbump

Reaction score
With only 27 psi, I would say the jet is plugged. If you had to do some plumbing with the system you may have knocked enough scale loose to plug it.

Flowing well or not, a plugged jet is going to cut your pressure about in half.

The footvalve would be necessary to hold the system pressure once the pump shuts off.

bob...

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks