Connecting a 1-1/4" fleck 7000 bypass valve to water supply

Users who are viewing this thread

Geod

Reaction score
Connecting a 1-1/4" fleck 7000 bypass valve to 3/4" water supply

Hi,

I just got a new water softener in to replace our old sears kenmore water softener. It's has a Fleck 7000 control valve with a 1-1/4" plastic bypass valve. The new water softener bypass valve came with two plastic 1-1/4" male threaded plastic fittings to connect to the water supply.

My problem is that currently the kenmore is connected with two corrugated copper hoses that are 3/4" on the water supply side and 1" on the water softener side. I've looked in home depot, but couldn't find anything to connect my 3/4" water supply to the new water softener's 1-1/4" threaded connections.

Any suggestions on where I can find a connector.

Thanks,

geod

Last edited:

Mialynette2003

In the Trades
Reaction score
Are the copper hoses threaded on both ends? If so, you can convert to pvc simply by attaching a pvc female adaptor on the incoming line then bushing up to 1 1/4" and attach a female adaptor to the bypass valve. Do the same on the soft water side.

Akpsdvan

In the Trades
Reaction score
Look for a plumbing supply house for the part that you are looking for.
You might find the 1 1/4 to 3/4 in one part or you might have to step it down in 2 or 3 parts per side..

Geod

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies. I visited the local plumbing supply house and got a 1 1/4 to 1" corrugated stainless steel hose along with a 1" to 3/4" bushing. I've got the softener hooked up and its working great.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks