New England DIYers: Share Your Plumbing DIY disaster story

Users who are viewing this thread

smh00a

Reaction score
Website
thebostonwriter.com
I am writing an article for the Boston Globe about DIYers who got in over their heads ... and eventually thought, "I probably should have called a professional." It's a lighthearted (funny, even), judgment-free look at the jams we all get ourselves into from time to time.

New door doesn't hang quite right. A "simple" plumbing fix floods an entire floor. That "routine" electrical installation ends in a shower of sparks.

You get the picture.

Share your story below! I'll choose the best two or three to feature in the piece. If you'd prefer to send them to me directly, you may do so at steve[at]thebostonwriter[dot]com.

Thanks in advance!

Steve in Boston

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
Steve....you have a problem writing about DIY plumbing in MA. As we are given to believe...it is seriously ILLEGAL in MA for a homeowner to do ANY plumbing beyond possibly putting a new washer in a kitchen faucet. MA is different that most of the other 49 states in that regard!

Now, in my neck of the woods ( southern Calif., transplanted from MA some 40 years ago!) just yesterday, a gas leak behind a clothes dryer literally lifted the roof off the house. When the dust settles, we will probably find a DIY issue at the root of that one!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks