(206) 949-5683, Top Rated Plumber, Seattle
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Big Labor is here to stay

General Engineering Contractor ballvalve's Avatar

but if in your collection of books you hace c.s. louwis's book the screw tape letters please read it. if not i'll send you a copy.
    Pretty sure its there but never got through it. I would rather suggest you read 'Atlas Shrugged' and 'The Fountainhead'. Ian, the original pot stirrer, also needs to study those, as his suggestion of societal rule by 'committee' is death to the human soul, spirit and productivity.

Single moms should be issued guns by the government to protect themselves and kids.

And cookie, one need not gain much weight on Prednisone if they can control the urge to eat from that terrible drug. And most doctors do not know how to use it anyway, causing much uneeded suffering.

After shopping in every sort of store in most of east and west europe, and not seeing any stump legged monsters weighing as much as a Trabant, [except for a few babushka's that at 80 were still planting potatoes and plucking geese] one gains a bit of x-ray vision at the American Wallymart. We have a problem here.

Senior Robin Hood Guy Ian Gills's Avatar

I am not a pot stirrer.

I'm just trying to make a few Americans think about things they find uncomfortable, and are most probably true.
    Last edited by Ian Gills; 03-06-2011 at 02:13 PM.

Master Plumber master plumber mark's Avatar
    indianapolis indiana - land of the free, home of the brave....
    Blog Entries

hey IAN look who is back...little old me
    it does no tlook like much has changed here in a year

glad I missed out on it ....

thought I would drop by and say hello

rather a boring day, sitting here babysitting the kids
    thought I would see what has transpirred

I feel someones blood pressure riseing already

In regards to your reply about the steriods, I suggest that you contact every doctor and explain to them the proper use of Prednisone; and, the steriods used in the mega doses to keep me alive, didn't have anything to do with eating; the use of Prednisone causes the weight gain not the eating, because it keeps your body from burning calories and working more efficiently, ie breathing, by producing more red blood cells in your body. WHICH is why body builders love the stuff. BUT, people are under the misconception, as yourself, in that it increases the appetite thus, increasing the body weight. I was on it for 1.5 years, and was weaned off it for 1.5 years. My body weight now is a svelte 118 lbs, and your head would spin if you saw me my friend.

Ask your doctor he will explain it all to you. You will marvel at it all the knowledge you will gain, Ballsvalve.

Quote Originally Posted by ballvalve View Post
    Pretty sure its there but never got through it. I would rather suggest you read 'Atlas Shrugged' and 'The Fountainhead'. Ian, the original pot stirrer, also needs to study those, as his suggestion of societal rule by 'committee' is death to the human soul, spirit and productivity.

Single moms should be issued guns by the government to protect themselves and kids.

And cookie, one need not gain much weight on Prednisone if they can control the urge to eat from that terrible drug. And most doctors do not know how to use it anyway, causing much uneeded suffering.

After shopping in every sort of store in most of east and west europe, and not seeing any stump legged monsters weighing as much as a Trabant, [except for a few babushka's that at 80 were still planting potatoes and plucking geese] one gains a bit of x-ray vision at the American Wallymart. We have a problem here.

Hey MM, Cass says, " hello" I am on the phone with him right now.

Blog Entries

Cool send hugs and kisses

Please send hugs and kisses to cass for me.....

have you been doing ok??

I got to go type up some estimates now,,,,
    been very busy lately,,,,

Cass is faxing invoices over to the company, he is doing great! Today is his Bday, we wanted to get together but I had to work, so it will have to wait. Plus, he has a cold. I don't want the cold, I have had some scary moments, one lately, but, it turned out to be a false alarm, thank God. Did I say, thank God... let me say it again, lol...Life is good. Even though they don't know what it was, they know what it wasn't, lymphoma. Went shopping today after work, bought a new purse,

How's the kiddies? Can't believe you are still babysitting!

Don't know if you heard, but, I got a grandson now. WOW... a grandmother! That is scary MM, I have been babysitting, I stink at it too. Am open to pointers.
    Last edited by Cookie; 03-06-2011 at 05:15 PM.

Blog Entries

I thougt you lived in the northwest?? and does not cass lives in the midwest.....???

did someone move recently ???...

Congrads on the grandson.....

having grandkids has a tendency to mellow people out a whole lot..
    I think it trips some sort of DNA gene reaction when you link up with your childrens kids
    soul memories or something......

gives a whole new meaning or dimention to your life...
    or something like that....

take care

Mark's back!

Let's raise taxes!

No, we live pretty close together, not far. Grandkids, I waited on one, and " surprise mom!" he said, "you're going to be a grandmother." I was elated. He is now almost 6 months old, a real beauty he is. He is a white blonde, blue eyes like my son. I am beginning to see alittle bit of red it in though. I never want to put him down when I hold him. I like just looking at him, and think, arrogantly, think, this wouldn't had happened if it weren't for me, lol. Ah, I like kids.
    Last edited by Cookie; 03-08-2011 at 04:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Gills View Post
    Why not?

You pay taxes now, don't you?

What Americans need to understand is that Government is good.

It's like a Bank. It helps you out in the bad times to get repaid in the good times.

So use it. Why be ashamed? And why be a sucker to refuse accepting what is already yours?
    Ian the Brit, the shame comes from that honor thing that we talked about before. Honor tends to raise its pesty little head anytime someone is happy to take more out of the collection plate than they put in.

use of Prednisone causes the weight gain not the eating, because it keeps your body from burning calories and working more efficiently, ie breathing, by producing more red blood cells in your body. WHICH is why body builders love the stuff.
    Body builders use androgenic-anabolic steroids which are an entirely different class of drugs.

Might be, but I am still right about what I said about the eating, breathing, red blood cells, etc. I live with a Hemolytic anemia with a cold antibody. My counts was so low one winter that with gloves on while shoveling snow, I got frostbite on my finger, and then, it turned into a staph infection, nearly lost my finger. The really important finger, too, LOL. What I deal with, you wouldn't want my friend.

You can buy some nice places in Vegas and California for the homes material cost now. No snow tires required. And no frostbite unless you get locked in your freezer.