PVC pipe (soil stack) to horizontal main line

Users who are viewing this thread

vvladovskiy

Reaction score
Website
essay-today.blogspot.com
I want to change my old cost iron soil stack and horizontal pipe to PVC. The horizontal pipe has a slope away apox 4 degrees
How I can connect the 4 in PVC pipe (soil stack) to the horizontal PVC pipe with the 4 degree angle?
What fittings will fit? Street elbow 45 plus 45?
Thank you.

Attachments

• IMG_0357[1].jpg
    IMG_0357[1].jpg
    17.3 KB · Views: 1,101

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
A 45 is 45 degrees, and you need to move it only 4 degrees?
Doing nothing is closer then adding something. Fittings from vertical to horizontal are set up for 2%

vvladovskiy

Reaction score
Website
essay-today.blogspot.com
Thank you for prompt response, well I need slop away for 4 degrees. What fittings should I use in this case?
The Long Sweep Elbow 90 Deg, and then push the pipe down on the far end?

vvladovskiy

Reaction score
Website
essay-today.blogspot.com
Another words...
What is the proper way to angle horizontal PVC waste pipes for 4 degrees (or 3, 5, 6 degrees)?

If you connect the vertical and a horizontal pipes, they seem to want to stay straight. If you try to angle it, it pulls out of the 1/4 turn a bit.
I assume this is the way it is supposed to be and is why the collars are deep and the solvent helps make the seal.

How do you know that the pipe is on too much of an angle?
The reason I ask is because I have to juggle some angles when trying to tie new pipes into old.

Thanks!

Cacher_Chick

Test, Don't Guess!
Reaction score
Each joint has enough "slop" in it that when solvent welded together you can get a little bit of pitch out of it. If you need a couple more degrees, placing a common hub x hub coupling a few inches from the bend should get you there.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks