Black Toilet Elongated??

Users who are viewing this thread

Furb

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I'm shopping for a black toilet for my master bath redo. The problem I'm having is that I have a custom glass shower door being installed in front of the toilet because my shower is being widened outward and tile is going down everywhere. I'm a pretty big guy (6'4") but I will be fine as is... however I'm trying to figure out how LONG an elongated toilet is versus say, a regular one because I would probably rather have an elongated one...

I drew a red line (see picture) to show where the new shower glass door will be approx. Keep in mind my legs are really long. Currently I have an american standard or whatever toilet there, it's normal sized. I'm not sure if it's 12" rough or what yet. What do you guys think I should do?! I was looking around at Toto toilets but I couldnt find any in black and I only want to spend $300-425 Max is possible, I'm not sure what to get. I just need it to be black and nice and flush powerfully I plug myne up constantly lol.

Thanks for an advice!!

Attachments

• IMG_1365.jpg
    IMG_1365.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 199

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
Elsewhere on this web site, Terry list 23 Toto models that come in black. (Ebony) Terry's prices on these vary from as low as $263 for a Dalton, which is pretty much a builder grade toilet to $1390 for a Pacifica. Within your price range beside the Dalton, the only one that come in is a standard height Drake at $400. You need to realize that the black requirement adds a considerable amount to the basic price, sometimes as much as $200. To see these toilets with all the size specs., go to the top of this page and click on "Toilet Reviews" You will get into another section of the site. Click on "Shopping" the on the ensuing page, click on "Toto Toilets". Realize that Terry hasn't updated this page is sometime, so prices may not be precise, but he sells for less than MSRP anyway. Also, I think some models have been renamed and perhaps one or two dropped. However, this should give you a pretty good idea of what ballpark you are playing in.

Many older low flow toilets, and even some of the newer ones, do clog frequently. This is not a problem with Toto toilets. To figure your rough in, just measure from the flange bolts to the finish wall behind the toilet. Understand that few, if any, 12" toilets actually use 12", so if you a a tad shy of that, it's likely a 12" will fit. For anyone your height, you definitely want at least a Universal height, and an ADA would even be better. I'm only 5' 8", and I really appreciate my Universal height Toto Drake and Dartmouth toilets. I think as you peruse the various models and prices, you may see that you will want to squeeze the purse a bit more than you want, but remember, regardless of the model you get, it will perform far better than what you have now, and will be in use for then next 30 years or more. The occasional flapper or fill valve replacements are standard of the shelf everywhere and are not expensive and are not special order. Happy shopping. Come back if you still have questions.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
For black, you almost have to find someone that will do a factory search on what is available.
Black models come and go.
Same with Gray.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
All manufacturers charge a big premium for black. Since the porcelain it is made of is generally white or close to it, making it black means a much tougher job of covering the white porcelain evenly so you don't end up with a white or grey area showing, and you pay for it. Elongated, depending on the brand, may not be any longer than a round front toilet, but worth it for the shape. Most modern toilets have thinner tanks than the older ones so the overall depth of an elongated doesn't grow much. With what you have there, an elongated would fit without problems. It's nice to have 2' in front of the edge of the toilet, and it looks like you'll have at least that.

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
In general, black will cost you at least 50% extra, so you will almost certainly be in the $400 plus range. It will always be a special order with fairly long lead times, so plan accordingly.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks