need help with a leak

Users who are viewing this thread

Drake25

Reaction score
My kitchen faucet is leaking. i cut the water off from the shut off valves and noticed it only leaked when the hot water side was on. i left it off for a few days till i could solve the issue but now it runs slightly even with the valve shut off. ive checked the rubber seal under the knob and noticed it was damaged so i replaced it but while doing so the water still continued to run even without the cartridge. not out of the faucet but from where the handle goes. what should i do?

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
I think you have two problems, first, the shutoff valves under the sink seem to be leaking (i.e., don't shut off completely). I suggest replacing them with 1/4-turn valves. This may be easy or hard, depending on how they are currently attached to the pipe. If they are compression or threaded on, it's fairly easy. If they are soldered on, then you need some tools and skill. Then, a picture or brand/model of the kitchen faucet would help identify where the problem is. There are thousands of versions in different configurations, so what works for one may not work for the other.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks