I Found This Strange; screw found in supply tube.

Users who are viewing this thread

Dlarrivee

Reaction score
screw_in_supply.jpg

I found this screw in a 3/8" copper riser under a bathroom sink... Obviously the faucet flows better now.

You would expect it to be the screw that holds the washer onto the bottom of the stem, so I checked that, and there is a brand new screw and washer on the bottom of the stem.

I guess the screw dropped and someone came along to fix a dripping faucet but never thought to go looking for that missing screw...

Last edited by a moderator:

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
Thank you very much for the photo. This is one of those things that "happens all the time" but I often get the feeling that when the many pros on here opine that a poster should check for such a thing, there is an element of doubt for the poster. His eyes are rolling back, and he says " that's pretty far out. Must be something else!"

Now we have proof in living color that it is NOT far out!

Dlarrivee

Reaction score
Just because, I checked the cold valve too, and the washer retainer screw had backed out almost enough for it to drop too...

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks