Please help..need to buy Toto toilets this week..not sure which model(s)

Users who are viewing this thread

Angel7

Reaction score
Hello,

I've lurked the forums for awhile and am even more confused. :)

I need to purchase three toilets for new construction. I'm sold on Toto and was going to go with the Aquia II and Carlyle until I read they need to be drilled into the flooring. A little scared about that since floors are porcelain over concrete, marble and travertine.

Is there a skirted design that doesn't need to be drilled? I could be talked out of skirted, it's not that important. I've been researching the Drake, but not sure as it's two piece non skirted..just not as nice looking, but if the performance is as good as new models I wouldn't hesitate.

So, are there any models that are skirted where you don't need to drill in tile? If not, what would be the next best model? How about the UltraMax? I currently have the Supreme model and not too crazy about them. Thanks so much!

Last edited:

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
You are correct that the Aquia II, Aquia III, and Carlyle require holes to be drilled for the Unifit adapter. However, this is not really too difficult provided you get the right drill bit to go through the tile. They take about an additional 1/2 hour for a plumber to install, homeowners likely more especially on the first one. The Ultra Max would also be a good choice and it does install in the conventional way. Both Aquias are dual flush, the Carlyle is not, nor is the Ultra Max. So, your dilema continues (LOL) The good thing is, you can't go wrong with any of the four. Just don't let the drilling influance your choice.

Angel7

Reaction score
Hi Gary, thanks! LOL , yeah so many decisions and options. Think I'm going to go with one Aquia II and the others Ultra Max. At least that's my decision tonight. ;-) I read a post where Terry said the UltraMax and Carlyle are the same with the exception of the Carlyle being skirted. I guess since it's going into a 32" wide walled off area, I won't miss the skirt design. Or maybe I will being it would be easier to clean..oy my head.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
The Carlyle does use the Unifit adapter and requires 4 holes to be drilled in the floor. As mentioned, with the proper bit, it's not a big deal. On porcelain, that would best be a diamond core bit. The Aquia series doesn't use the unifit, but still needs bits to be anchored to the floor in addition to the flange.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks