Weak flush...something stuck?

Users who are viewing this thread

Coopns

Reaction score
Have a dual flush toilet. Works fine I guess, but two nights ago, was draining really slow. Two ideas:
extra large excrement or 16 month old fired a toy down. So a flush was partially getting by...water would drain slowly...gurgle...sounded like water was getting by something. Plunged the hell out of it, nothing. I poured boiling water down twice and flushed...nothing. So couple times last night young girls pee and throw a bit of paper down and today feels even more stuck. I would really like to avoid taking it off.

Any ideas?

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
It is likely to toy or other object creating the problem. Research the forum for toilet augers. These often will clear a partly clogged toilet. If not, the you have to go from the bottom. Yep, that would mean pulling the toilet up. Remember, if you pull the toilet, a new wax ring will be necessary. Do not use one with the plastic funnel, just a regular ring.

LLigetfa

DIYer, not in the trades
Reaction score
Is this an upstairs or downstairs toilet? Are you on sewer or septic? If you're on septic, it could be the tank is full and backing up. Can you access the pipe below the toilet? If so bang and shake it to see if it's full.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks