Water heater choices

Users who are viewing this thread

DX

General Contractor
Reaction score
I am looking for a power direct vent heater, 60-75 gal, with a 65k or higher burner. Must be Energy Star, which means EF=.67 or better. Does not need to be condensing.

I've identified the Rheem PDV65 as a possible candidate but it doesn't meet the Energy Star.

Does anyone know of, or can recommend any heaters that meet these criteria? Thanks.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Bradford White makes a few that probably meet those requirements...I know they had a few that met the energy credit requirements for the Federal program last year, and one prerequisite was Energy Star qualification.

DX

General Contractor
Reaction score
Actually no. Not any that I can find.

It seems Bradford's direct vent heaters (2-pipe) are less efficient than their power vent heaters, at least according to figures on their website.

DX

General Contractor
Reaction score
Ok, apparently nothing out there. Looks like I might have to go into a condensing unit.

Let me try a different question: Why is the Bradford condensing heater well over twice as expensive as the AOSmith Vertex?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks