Locating well

Users who are viewing this thread

stan

Reaction score
When we bought our old farmhouse, we were told a new well was installed a couple of years prior. No problem however we cannot find the wellhead the only thing the seller remembers is who dug the well. I called them and they stopped out and said he remembers backing up to the corner of the house and planted the hole. and he said wells in this area are about 300+ feet deep.
he tried to witch a few places and I dug but no avail. He said the lady must have cut off the well at some point below the ground and buried the top. I have tried ear to ground, metal detector, banging on the pipe etc. Its getting quite frustrating. I cant dig because where the pipe enters into the house is covered by a concrete slab. any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks

Deb

Plumber
Reaction score
Deb

I would think that the well driller should be able to give you a better idea than he is, but it must be in the vicinity, except part of your comments don't make sense to me. You said that he remembered backing up to the corner of the house and later you said that you cannot dig outside the house where the line comes in because it is covered with concrete.....well my first guess may be that it is under the concrete. The concrete wasn't there originally, or the line couldn't have been run under it.
But there are other people involved in a well that may remember. Someone also connected to the pitless adapter and ran the line to the house (or whereever the pressure tank is). There was also an electrician involved to get the power from the source to the pump. I would think that if the seller cut the line off and lowered it, they would remember. I don't know if it is the same everywhere, but around here, the electrical connections go down through the cap of the well casing--it is not just an ordinary cap.
Deb
The Pipewench

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks