UltraMax ADA vs UltraMax II ADA toilets

Users who are viewing this thread

Peter Chatard

Reaction score
Over two years ago, I purchased an Ultramax ADA (with G-MaX, 1.6 GPF) from Love Plumbing for my cabin on Camano Island where an old toilet frequently plugged up. Even with low well water pressures, the UltraMax has performed exceptionally well and has been trouble free and plug-up free. Now I wish to replace two Kohler toilets, "builders specials", in a 9 years old house where I am residing. I wish to conserve water but do not want to sacrifice performance. Can I expect the same level of performance from the Toto UltraMax II ADA (double cyclone flushing, 1.28 GPF) toilets that seem to be replacing the G-Max versions as I got from the G-Max, 1.6 GPF toilet? Has anyone had experience with both of them to make a hands-on comparison?

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
The MS854114SL and the MS604114CEFG use a similar trapway design, and 3" flush valve.
They both have been working fine. I have the Ultramax II upstairs now and a G-Max Ultramax downstairs.
Either way, you will be fine.

Peter Chatard

Reaction score
Thank you for the quick reply. I note that the UltraMax II comes in either an E-Max and a Double Cyclone flushing system. Which of these would you recommend? Which gives the best flush?

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Well, more water more flush. Though most of my customers can't tell the difference.
Either way, if you need a bit more water, you can just hold the handle down a bit instead of releasing it.
I like that the Ultramax II has CEFIONTECT.

jiawa

Reaction score
Thank you for the quick reply. I note that the UltraMax II comes in either an E-Max and a Double Cyclone flushing system. Which of these would you recommend? Which gives the best flush?

I thought UltraMax II comes with both E-Max and Double Cyclone.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks