Hurricane Ridge "Hill" Snowshoe in Olympic National Park

Users who are viewing this thread

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Hurricane Ridge, or also called Hurricane Hill Snowshoe in Olympic National Park, snowshoeing is a nice thing to do in Winter when the snow is gently falling. This is located on Hurricane Ridge; where they have a small ski hill and snowshoeing routes you can follow. It's rather high elevation, 5760 feet near the top, so when it's raining in Seattle, you can take a day trip and get into something drier, at least that's how I look at it. Plus, it's fun to take a ferry across Puget Sound any chance you get. At the gate to the park, they charge you $15.00 for the car, which is good for a week. At Hurricane Ridge, they have a lodge with gift shop and food. The first part of the trail is a snow covered road that in Summer leads to a trail head for hiking. That is about 1.5 miles to that part, but if you take the longer route, it's about six miles round trip.

The trail map, click on it to get the larger picture.

hurricane_788.jpg

Songlin at the Hurricane Hill parking lot sign.

hurricane_789.jpg

A great place to take pictures. We didn't have clear skies for the wonderful Olympic interior, but it was still very worthwhile.

hurricane_terry_009.jpg

This is me, Terry. Enjoying a rest while my picture is taken.

Last edited:

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
hurricane_deer.jpg

This deer was crossing the road on the way up to Hurricane Ridge.
hurricane_795.jpg

Ms Songlin Wu

hurricane_801.jpg

The lodge has a nice model of the park.

hurricane_baker_023.jpg

Coming down the hill afterwards, we saw this nice view over the Sound of Mt Baker in the distance. The sun was going down, and it was almost like the mountain was on fire.

Last edited:

Arfeller

Reaction score
Hey Terry, looks like you guys picked a good day. It has been a bit wet up there lately nice to see we are getting some snow again. I live in Port Angeles.

I also see you got a picture of one of those pesky deer that keep eating all my plants and bushes in my yard! : )

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
I lived over in Bangor ( near Poulsbo ) for a year. I am not a big outdoorsman, but very much enjoyed the Olympic Area. Took my kids up to the vistor lodge at Hurricane RIdge once. They were impressed with the breeze! One of my favoirte hiking areas was up to Flapjack Lakes. It's an easy day hike up and back, and for a California surfer dude, an easy dip into the wilderness beauty of that area. It is so quiet an pristine up there...hard to duplicate that down here anywhere!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks