Some American beers are quite good

Users who are viewing this thread

Ian Gills

Senior Robin Hood Guy
Reaction score
For six years, I thought the best you could do was Miller Genuine Draft. A good, refreshing, tasty beer.

The rest from the micro-breweries were just second-hand copies of belgian beers or Indian Pale Ales. Not as good as the real thing.

But the seasonal winter beers here are actually pretty good.

Shame they are just that....seasonal.

I'm enjoying a Harpoon Winter Warmer at the moment. And it's not half bad.

Last edited:

LLigetfa

DIYer, not in the trades
Reaction score
When I find myself down that way, I usually feel safe ordering MGD but I still prefer Canadian beer. I only drink beer in Summer though.

Ian Gills

Senior Robin Hood Guy
Reaction score
Drink beer only in summer?

Beer isn't just for breakfast any more you know!

But thanks for the tip. I will look up some Canadian beers. I like Canadian things.

Ballvalve

General Engineering Contractor
Reaction score
In this case, the Brits prevail completely.

If we had allowed Germany to inslave the UK, they would likely be their main beer supplier

Ian Gills

Senior Robin Hood Guy
Reaction score
Well, you financially crippled our empire during World War II by charging us $8 billlion for two sorry excuses for World War I destroyers.

Ian Gills

Senior Robin Hood Guy
Reaction score
We asked for ships and just look at what you gave us.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
I think Seattle must be the Micro Beer Capital of the World.
There are so many good breweries here. I like that they don't carbonate the beer too. Nothing worse then filling your stomach up with air that needs burping out. A good brew doesn't need that. I can't remember the last time I drank a Bud, a Coors or a Miller.
A good local beer here is Mac and Jack's African Amber.

http://www.macandjacks.com/index.php

Mac & Jack's Brewing Company information

Mac & Jack’s Brewery sells four main kinds of beer only found in the Northwest: African Amber, Serengetti Wheat, IPA and Blackcat Porter.

Attachments

• macandjack.jpg
    macandjack.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 1,487
Last edited:

Ian Gills

Senior Robin Hood Guy
Reaction score
A Big Mac followed by a Jack Daniels?

It really is wild out West.

Ballvalve

Reaction score
If you shake up a miller draft a few times and get the gas out, its a pretty good beer.

And be glad English that SOMEONE gave you a few thousand ships, so you didnt have to eat your neighbors lavender. Or your neighbor, like in Stalingrad.

You owe us 46 trillion dollars with interest for our war material and lives. I suggest parliament hand over the deed to the UK on the next D-day anniversary.

Why we did not make Japan a state, I will never figure. Then we could buy those Subaru's with pleasure.

Last edited:

Ian Gills

Senior Robin Hood Guy
Reaction score
You were born from an English seed Ballvalve.

This entire country was.

One thing I have never worked out is how those few English traitors that made it over here managed to breed so quickly that they now outnumber the homeland five-to-one.

I've always said that what the Americans lack in skill they make up for in numbers.

That applies to your military too. Badly trained. But lots of them. And the best equipped.

Ian Gills

Senior Robin Hood Guy
Reaction score
I agree and Sam Adam's Winter Lager is nothing short of fantastic!

Ballvalve

Reaction score
You were born from an English seed Ballvalve.

This entire country was.

One thing I have never worked out is how those few English traitors that made it over here managed to breed so quickly that they now outnumber the homeland five-to-one.

I've always said that what the Americans lack in skill they make up for in numbers.

That applies to your military too. Badly trained. But lots of them. And the best equipped.

No, the seed was purely Slavic, personally traced it church to church to a castle in Nitra at about 1580. likely with a few Gypsy sluts in the woodshed for passion.

The early Americans were fattened up on bear and buffalo, while the English ate turnips, pasties and barley and choked on coal dust..... Built up our vital fluids.

Those early English strollups and tarts that were sent here for loose behaviour - their ovaries expanded and shot out eggs like a spring chicken.

Very well trained air force, none better. Very well trained remainder, but a lot of dopes that do not respond to training.

Last edited:

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
A couple of weeks ago my son in law and I visited the Thomas Hooker Brewery in Bloomfield Connecticut for their Friday night Open House and Beer Tasting.

It was a good time and I tried 7 different beers they make.
My favorite was the Liberator Doppelbock...
A few of those and you could be in trouble...
They have the power...

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks