(206) 949-5683, Top Rated Plumber, Seattle
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Help finding a fleck 5600 Piston

That one sure looks like it with the way the piston looks..
    The piston that came out of the valve like yours is a little different from standard 5600, and the cap is more like the 6700 up flow valve.
    Your valve is likely to be an up flow brine , used as a filter set up by the company that did the spin on your system.

Quote Originally Posted by Akpsdvan View Post
    That one sure looks like it with the way the piston looks..
    The piston that came out of the valve like yours is a little different from standard 5600, and the cap is more like the 6700 up flow valve.
    Your valve is likely to be an up flow brine , used as a filter set up by the company that did the spin on your system.
    Yeah and the green on the bottom of the piston matches the green in my existing one. theres another thread I did where you can see the base of the piston and it;s green

It is not so much the color as it is the cuts or shape of the piston, where the indents are at and where the large parts are at.
    Have you had your piston out?

no. I wanted a replacement on me.

From what I was seeing in the photos and the that I would not use again but came out that one that valve that I have, it should work, has the same look to the piston and the same key at the top of the shaft ..
    As for the seal/spacer kit.... same as any 5600........ 60125 is the number that I have for the fleck sea/spacer kit.

Quote Originally Posted by Akpsdvan View Post
    From what I was seeing in the photos and the that I would not use again but came out that one that valve that I have, it should work, has the same look to the piston and the same key at the top of the shaft ..
    As for the seal/spacer kit.... same as any 5600........ 60125 is the number that I have for the fleck sea/spacer kit.
    I cant understand the first part of your message. Too much wisky on a cold Alaska night?

No wisky, it did get cold last night, -15 at my place.

I looked at the photo in the link that you posted... the piston looks to be the same body as to the used one that I have in my hands.
    The link at the top of the piston the part that is bracketed by the white plastic is the same with the same hook in the open part with in the metal.

got it thanks.

So for the record the Fleck part number for the piston is 60102-52
    Last edited by croghanite; 02-12-2011 at 07:09 PM.