Servicing a tank - precautions

Users who are viewing this thread

croghanite

Reaction score
When rebeding a tank or even replacing pistons in a control head, do y'all sanitize the tank after you are done?

What do you use to sanitize the tank? Chlorine?

Around here it's mandatory to drop some chlorine in your well when a contractor works on the submersible pump, etc.

See the pics below of the base of my Fleck 5600 control head. It was a little dirty...:mad:

What do y'all use to clean out the control base?

Attachments

• DSC01906.jpg
    DSC01906.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 332
  • DSC01907.jpg
    DSC01907.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 340
  • DSC01908.jpg
    DSC01908.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 329

croghanite

Reaction score
I can't say enough about the info on this web site and the fellar that makes the awesome videos. http://www.softnerparts.com/

He has made some very helpful videos!!!

[video=youtube;AtX7sq8Ygm8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AtX7sq8Ygm8[/video]

[video=youtube;bvZMkWihusI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bvZMkWihusI[/video]

Justwater

Well Drilling/Service
Reaction score
u know this website has a forum dedicated to water softeners right? this is well and pump forum.

Gary Slusser

That's all folks!
Reaction score
Website
www.qualitywaterassociates.com
Iron Out or Super IO works best for eating rust off things. You can buy it at most hardware, big box and grocery stores.

I would have mixed up a few gallons of warm water in a bucket dissolving a cup of IO in it and poured it into the salt tank water and then put the valve into a manual regeneration and sucked it into the resin tank and unplugged the control at the end ot the Brining cycle for a half hour and then plugged it in to finish on it's own. I would have done that before removing anything from the resin tank. That way you clean all the rust off the resin too.

Now you can soak the valve parts in a solution after taking them off/out of the control valve and seting the valve in some too without getting any electrical stuff wet. Bathe the distributor tube with the solution witoput getting any in your eyes and get all the rust out of the bottom basket.

Disinfect wit ha bleach solution AFTER fully rinsing the IO out of/off everything; DO NOT mix the two, that is dangerous.

And when all is back together, use a 1/4 cup of IO mixed in a couple gallons of water and do a manual regeneration about once a month and and everything will stay rust free.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks