Quick question on glass framed pivoting shower door hardware question

Users who are viewing this thread

Watson524

Reaction score
This is stupid, I know, I accept that...

We have the shower all back together and have two plastic pieces that go around the "pins" sticking out of the top and bottom hinge side of the door. One is a fatter (white), fully enclosed circle piece that seems stronger, but leaves the door sitting up on its "lip" because it's just a tad too fat to let it slide all the way down to the door frame itself. So you have the bit of pin sticking out the bottom but then some pin showing at the door edge.... then there's a 3/4 circle piece (black), not QUITE as tall and much thinner black ring.

I should have looked when we took it all out and I can't find a picture online but I think the fatter fully circled piece should go on the bottom but for the fact that the door is basically then just having a "lip" resting on the plastic piece vs sitting down the way it should.

Can anyone tell me what's what? It fits only one way which is probably my answer but it just doesn't seem right.

Watson524

Reaction score
Ok scratch that (if I talk to myself enough, sometimes I figure things out LOL!) Once I realized that the black thing is to stop the top bushing from dropping, all became clear. Just had to back the drip rail out a bit to get the nylon piece to fit on the bottom and we're in business. Glazing and all is on... but I don't have the energy to silicone tonite so that'll be for tomorrow. thanks!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks