Identify Shower/Tub Diverter and Stems

Users who are viewing this thread

RobM

Reaction score
Any help identifying the attached diverter and stems from a 3 handle system would be greatly appreciated as would sources for rebuild kits or replacements.

thanks

Rob

Attachments

• Diverter_Small.jpg
    Diverter_Small.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 1,368
  • Stem_Small.jpg
    Stem_Small.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 928

RobM

Reaction score
BTW - I brought it to a local plumbing supply and they said the broach count was that of a sterling, but I cannot find any sterling matches. Thanks again for looking.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
I know you're trying to save some money by repairing what you have, but maybe it's time to go to something that meets current safety codes (anti-scald) and update the control valve. To cover the existing holes, they do make remodel or repair plates that would then allow you to install a new, single-handle valve that adds those features.

RobM

Reaction score
Yes - I understand these are old and upgrading is a reasonable alternative. But, these have lasted for 50 years and if I can rebuild or replace them there seems no reason that I can't get a lot more time from them. I don't know how long the new single control systems last but I doubt it is that long.

Again, thanks to anyone who can help id these.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks