Toto Carlyle II vs. Vespin II reviews?

Users who are viewing this thread

HarryPotter

Reaction score
I like the look of these 2 Toto toilets but don't know which is a better one to buy. For those of you who have these toilets, would you mind sharing your experiences? Do they work as well as the Ultramax II? Thanks.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
The two-piece toilets, in general, have slightly greater flushing capability because the tank ends up being higher, and therefore water has to fall further. But, the difference is slight, and it really comes down to which style you prefer. A one-piece is a little harder to install since it's heavier. But, you normally only do it once, so that shouldn't be a big deal. A one-piece has fewer places to clean, and fewer places to leak (not that it happens if installed properly). I have one of each of the older design, and don't notice a difference in performance.

theBigSee

DIY Member
Reaction score
I like the look of these 2 Toto toilets but don't know which is a better one to buy. For those of you who have these toilets, would you mind sharing your experiences? Do they work as well as the Ultramax II? Thanks.

We are a veteran Toto household -- we installed 2 Aquia II's at our old house, 2 Eco Drakes at my mother-in-law's, and an Aquia II and a Vespin II at our new house. They are without a doubt the finest toilets I have ever used and worth every penny. We have not had any problems or a single clog with any of them.

My favorite is the Aquia II for sleek design and dual-flush feature, but my wife likes the Eco Drakes at her mom's house because they have levers instead of push buttons and she liked the quick, whooshing flush the Eco Drake has. Neither of us like the look of the Eco Drake, so we compromised and put the sleeker Vespin II in her bathroom. It's a good toilet. Not sure if the dual-cyclone flush makes much of a difference. It gurgles a bit after flushing, unlike the Aquia which is much quieter. Only downside is my wife says it splashes back on her when she is urinating.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks